THE RIGHT CONDOM GIRTH SIZE
Know your condom girth size to choose your best fit
Knowing your condom girth is just as important as knowing your shirt, pant, and shoe size. In order to have pleasurable sex, it’s integral to choose the condom size that meets your penis girth.
However, there’s still a lot of people that don’t know what size condom they need to cover their girth comfortably, and that’s okay! We’re not here to judge, we’re here to educate.
We’re going to explain our Find Your Right Fit tool, the meaning of penis girth and how to measure it, as well as show you the range of condom sizes that can fit you most pleasurably.
And with the launch of Durex XL in our Sensi-Thin and Invisible range, there’s no better time to figure out how to classify your girth.
Let this article be your condom size girth guide to finding your most suitable condom because, as we say, the better the fit — the better the feel.Bouncing off of that, look at Better Fit = Better Feel - What Condom Size Should You Buy? to give you even more of an idea of our condom range.
Find your right fit
When choosing a condom fit, it’s important to make sure it sits just right. A too tight or too loose condom can impact performance, pose a risk, and be totally uncomfy!To help meet your perfect condom match, we’ve created the Find Your Right Fit tool so you can choose the condom that most accurately suits your penis. Let’s touch on the tool features:
How wide?It’s all about size! Wideness refers to the Nominal Width (mm) of the condom to fit your girth. We’re going to discuss girth in a few moments. We offer XL, Large, and Regular size for your pleasure.
How wet?This deals with our pre-applied condom lubricant. Depending on if you want Extra or Standard, our added lube feature will help things run smoothly.
This relates to the make of the condom material itself. A thinner condom can improve closer feelings of pleasure, while offering the same level of protection as other Durex condoms. It’s your choice.
Now, let’s discuss some girthy truths!
What does girth mean?
Girth, also referred to as width, is the circumference around the penis (the thickest part). So, essentially, when you wrap your hand around your erect penis (for playtime) you are holding onto your girth. When we design our products, we look at the circumference of condoms. We do this through a Nominal Width (mm) measurement scale, which refers to the diameter of the circle across a rolled up condom.
Why does girth matter?
When it comes to choosing condoms, girth does matter because it’s directly related to the condom size you should wear. If you’re wearing a condom that’s too loose, it can slip off during sex. On the opposite spectrum, if your condom is too tight it can choke your chicken — leading to an overall uncomfortable experience.
Think of girth as the soulmate to the condom — it has to fit like a glove to feel the ultimate love. Condom girth is key, but how do you measure it?
How to measure girth for condoms
Now that you know what girth means, it’s equally important to know how to measure it. Measure both the base (the bottom part of your penis, just above the scrotum) and mid-shaft (the widest area of your penis) while you’re erect to get the most accurate results. Here’s what to do:
- Wrap flexible measuring tape or a string around these two areas
- Note the spot where it meets
- Record the measurement to the nearest millimeter (mm)
The nominal width of our products is the width of the base (bottom part of your penis). Once you know your girth measurement, you can start choosing Durex condoms that reflect your size.
For more on condoms, let Everything You Need To Know About Condoms be your step-by-step guide to putting on the protection!
Not for the faint of girth! If your condom girth size measures anywhere from 57mm to 60mm, we recommend choosing from our Durex XL condom range to suit the girthiest of penises:
- Durex Sensi-Thin XL* condoms have a nominal (base) girth of 60mm. They are thin so you feel a more comfortable fit for men who need a size larger than our regular Sensi-Thin condom.
- Durex Invisible XL* condoms have a nominal (base) girth of 60mm. They are designed to maximize sensitivity, while still providing a high level of security and protection. A comfortable fit for men who need a size larger than our regular INVISIBLE condoms.
For a Large girth size, measuring anywhere from 53mm to 56mm, we have a variety of options to best suit your pleasure:
- Durex® Sensi-Thin® Feel condom*: Extra thin lubricated condoms for greater sensitivity and heightened sexual sensations
- Durex® Intense Orgasmic condom*: Perfect for when you want to provide some additional stimulation for her. These condoms have a dual-action desire-stimulating design.
- Durex® Real Feel® condom*: a next generation condom made from a technologically advanced non-latex material to provide a natural skin on skin feeling. These condoms may also be suitable for those who suffer from a latex allergy.
- Durex® Sensi-Crème® *: Original condoms give you the protection you’ve come to expect from Durex in a smooth shape and pre-lubed with silicone lube which can give a more pleasurable experience.
- Durex® Tropical*: Love all the flavours in the fruit bowl? With Durex® Tropical, you can choose from four fruity flavours to match your mood at any moment. With strawberry, apple, orange and banana flavoured condoms, mix it up for every encounter.
If your girth measures 52mm, you should try a Regular sized condom that wraps your girth sensationally:
- Durex® Avanti-Bare® ultra thin condoms*: These condoms are crafted to maintain ultra fine thinness from base to tip and offer higher sensitivity.
*Remember no method of contraception works 100% against pregnancy, HIV or sexually transmitted infections. It’s good to be in the know, so read the info inside, especially if you are using condoms for anal or oral sex.
*Ensure this product is right for you. Always read and follow the label before use.
Now that you know your Find Your Right Fit tool, the truth about girth, how to measure yours, and the variety of condom girth sizes to best fit you, we believe you’re in the thick of knowledge. Moving forward, you’ll be able to wrap your willy in something more comfortable and pleasure-ready. A condom that fits best means safer and more pleasurable sex! Remember: nothing feels better than wearing your perfect fit.
For more on safe sex, check out How to have safe sex to ensure a less stressful sexual experience.